Today, we are going to deal with a very interesting subject. Often, craftsmen (especially framers) don’t know how to choose the right air compressor for their percussion gun. Oh, just before we help you on this subject in this section, Best Air Compressor for Impact Gun, it is important not to put the cart before the horse. That’s why we’re going to start by explaining what an impact gun is.
What is an Impact Gun?
Basically, an impact gun is a power tool that produces a torque when its trigger-shaped part is squeezed. Also known as an impactor, impact wrench or torque gun, an impact gun technically produces torque when the energy stored in its rotating mass is discharged from its shaft. Although there are other sources of energy, compressed air remains the most common source of energy to operate these guns. Are you one of those craftsmen who have a dilemma in choosing the right air compressor for your firing pin? Relax as we guide you through this eye-opening room.
Top 5 Best Air Compressors for Impact Gun
Let’s dive in!
5. Eagle Series EA-500 Air Compressor
- Its dimensions are 20.1x32x20.1 inches
- It weighs 86.3 pounds
- It has a pump that is free of oil
- It needs no batteries to function
- It has a 5.5-gallon tank
This device has been included on this list primarily because it is specifically used to drive the firing pins ½. So, just before placing an order for this device, you should keep this in mind! As an easy-to-use tool, getting your job done becomes as simple as ABC. Let’s briefly review its features.
- This device is popular because it is relatively noiseless
- As it is mobile, it is well-situated for both indoor and outdoor uses
- In addition to that, its slow RPM motor keeps friction minimal
- With its low amp draw, this device has its life expectancy increased up to four times
- Because it has low noise output, users don’t need some form of hearing protection
- Its price may discourage you
Without mince words, it’s one of the coolest products out there. The reason is that it is simply silent, which makes it the device of choice for many workers. Without a doubt, it’s a great product. However, if you have a small budget, you should take a look at the next product.
4. Porter Cable (C2002)
- It measures 19x19x18 inches
- In a similar vein, this comes without a battery because there is no need for
- It is an electric tool
- It weighs 31.3 pounds
- Its built-in 120-volt motor enables it to start and run during winter
- It has an oil-free pump
- There is a 6-gal tank
Another product that deserves a place here is the Porter-Cable air compressor. While the previous one may seem expensive, this one is quite economical. In addition to being affordable, there are other things that make it a must-have product.
- It is pretty affordable
- It is portable, which makes it extremely easy to use
- It runs oil- and mess-free operations
- Despite the fact that it has no wheels, it is easy to move because of its size
- With a maximum pressure of 150 PSI, it delivers optimum productivity and lengthy runtime
- It is noisy
- It’s not suitable for big jobs
3. DeWALT PSI Hand Compressor (D55146)
- It measures 33.5×44.8×24.5 inches
- Additionally, there is a 10” non-flat foam that allows for transportation
- This portable device weighs 80 pounds
- With respect to pressure, it delivers 225 PSI
- Its noise level is rated 78 dBA
This one will be third on our list for a number of reasons. For starters, it’s a 4.5-gallon machine, which simply means enough energy to work for a long period of time. In addition to this long period of time, there are other features that make this machine attractive, as we’ll be pointing out shortly.
- It has a collapsible hand that enables framers to carry it effortlessly
- You can count on it to produce adequate air that supports craftsmen
- Its portability and price are two factors that can make anyone fall in love with it
- By design, users do not have to worry about its durability and versatility
- Its DeWALT motor is extremely efficient
- The not-too-large tank limits its capacity
For potential users who are always looking for the right machine to power their torque guns, choosing a product wouldn’t be such a bad idea. This is all the more important as it is an economical, portable and quiet product. In truth, these factors are important. More importantly, with this product, there’s no doubt that you’ll get real value for your money.
2. Makita Air Compressor (MAC5200)
- It’s electric-powered and oil-lubricated
- The built-in tank is 5.2 gal in size
- Just like others already reviewed, this tool needs no battery as it is electric-powered
- It can store up to 50 feet of 3/8-inch air hose
- It delivers up to 140 PSI pressure
- It weighs 88 pounds
- With its 3HP motor, it has a thermal overload for maximum shield
- The vital components are fully secured in the harsh worksite environment
- It measures 29×19.5×19 inches
Would you like to save your energy for more useful things? If so, this is the device for you. Of course, it has a long, sturdy handle that allows the user to slide it around during use. But is that all that makes this device stand out? No, it doesn’t! Now, let’s find out what other features made this tool the second best on our list.
- It is fast and user-friendly
- It has a compartment that houses its accessories and fittings
- The rugged wheels can withstand any hazardous job site conditions
- It has tool hangers that help users to keep tools when not in use
- As its users can lubricate its pump, wear and tear are reduced
- In addition, there is a roll cage construction that gives extra protection to vital parts
- It is very expensive
At this point, it is important to point out that if you want to get value for your money, all you have to do is settle for this device. Since it can deliver up to 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI, you can do a lot with it; coupled with its ability to adapt to difficult working conditions. That’s another advantage, don’t you think? Maybe two constraints that may come between you and the purchase of this product are your budget and your desire to check out the number one product on this list. So, if that’s the second reason, read on.
1. Eagle Air Compressor (EA-5000)
- Its dimension are 201.x32x20.1 inches
- It weighs 86.3 pounds
- The gallon size is 5.5 gal
- Operating at 2HP, it produces a maximum of 125 PSI
- It has an oil-free piston pump
Congratulations to the best of them! Well, this unit remains our favorite because of the value it offers to hundreds of users around the world. Without a doubt, it offers both efficiency and tremendous value, more than any other product we have reviewed in this guide. Having second thoughts? Well, its features will certainly make you lose your mind.
- It is noiseless, so you hardly notice that it is running
- This device is safe to use both indoors and outdoors
- It has a foldable handle that immensely aids mobility
- It comes with slow RPM motor, which in turn, controls heat and friction
- The build conspicuously displays its sleek face for additional protection
- It is very expensive
Even though this tool was the first on our list, users can argue that there is not much difference between it and the product that precedes it. In fairness, they are not entirely wrong. However, when you realize that it is silent, then you understand why it deserves first place. In fact, a quiet air compressor means a lot to many craftsmen.
Best Air Compressor for Impact Gun: Wrapping Up
From the fifth to the first tool in this guide, we have discussed at length why they deserve various places on our list. Indeed, this research is exhaustive because we considered some critical factors before making this list. These factors include tank size, price and other specifications. Now you don’t have to worry about finding the right air compressor to power your percussion gun. While we can’t tell you how to spend your hard-earned money, our top priority is to make sure you buy an efficient unit. In general, these 5 air compressors are the leading products on the market today. We therefore recommend that you purchase one of them, and don’t forget to tell us about your experience after use.