When was the last time you made the effort to drive a nail into a material? Yesterday or last week? Maybe you did it a few minutes ago. There’s no denying the experience isn’t fun, is there? Well, your guess is as good as ours. However, there’s a simple way to do it, which means you don’t have to stress yourself just to drive a nail through a wood or something. You can use a nail gun for that. In this article, Best Air Hose for Nail Gun, we will show you how easy it is for craftsmen to drive nails into wood. You may never have thought about it, but you may not know how to do it. Therefore, this room will certainly be an eye-opener for you.
What Drives a Nail Gun?
Before we go over to Best Air Hose for Nail Gun, it is important that you understand that a nail gun is a power tool used to drive nails into materials. Well, a nail gun can also be called a nailer or spelled nailgun. Since it is a power tool, you will need a power source to power it. To power it, you will need compressed air (or any other energy source, such as electromagnetic energy). The air compressor is the most common source of power for nailers. However, you need an air hose to connect your air compressor to your nailer. Does this sound Greek to you? Not sure which air hose is appropriate to connect the hose to the nailer? Well, we’ve talked to a few industry experts and compiled 5 best air hoses you can use to do just that.
Top 5 Best Air Hoses for Nail Gun
Now, let’s review them one after another.
5. Amflo Polyurethane Air Hose
- Its dimensions are 7×10.5×10.5 inches
- It weighs 7.2 pounds
- It has 1/4” NPT swivel fitting
- Designed to resist burst pressure up to 1200 PSI
For all those craftsmen working at heights, this is one of the best air hoses available in the industry today. You may wonder why it’s good for working at heights. The reason is that it’s made of lightweight material, which makes it suitable for this type of work. That being said, let’s describe this pipe quickly.
- It is flexible, thus making it extremely easy to carry
- This hose is good for indoor and outdoor uses
- It has a smooth and well-trimmed surface
- It is resistant to damage emanating from tension
- Its rugged surface enables it to resist temperature changes and exposure to chemicals
- Given the polyurethane material, folding and unfolding it is difficult
In addition to nailers, this hose can also be used for coating machines, air inflation and paint sprayers. The fact that this hose has a wide range of uses outside of nailers only confirms that the money spent is worth it. That’s why we highly recommend this hose.
4. Goodyear Rubber
- It weighs 3.61 pounds
- This hose measures 8.5×8.5×3.5 inches
- It comes with spiral synthetic yarn for reinforcement
- Similar to Amflo Polyurethane, it has a 1/4” NPT end fitting
- It can withstand a maximum pressure of 250 PSI while the maximum burst pressure is 1070 PSI
In a market where air hoses are plentiful, Goodyear Rubber ranks fourth on our list because it is a good product from a leading brand, Goodyear. But beyond the name, this hose has a coating that resists destructive elements. So, it can withstand destructive agents such as harsh weather conditions and solvents. But there are other qualities that make this hose a unique product.
- The use of brass for making this hose ensures it is durable
- The spiral synthetic yarn reinforcement helps it to withstand even higher pressure
- It is a high-quality product
- It offers various lengths and diameters
- As it’s a rugged product, it is resistant to many harsh weather conditions and working environment
- It is affordable
- Its threshold pressure is not impressive
One of the advantages of this tip over the previous one is that it is cheaper. Being cheaper means that many users will be able to afford it. It is all the more interesting because it is a high-quality American product. It is these factors that explain why this product is on our list of the 5 best air hoses.
3. Flexzilla Air Hose
- Made of aluminum ends
- It has a superior bend radius
- At 70F, it still withstands the pressure of 300 PSI
- It weighs 1 pound
- Designed to resist burst pressure up to 1200 PSI
- It measures 11.5x11x3.8 inches
They say that variety is the spice of life. Well, this hose came in third place because it comes in different sizes and lengths. This means that the choices of most users have been taken into consideration. Indeed, that’s a good thing. Moreover, it is a good thing. It can withstand high temperatures and pressures. That is not even the whole story.
- It is capable of withstanding temperatures between -40F and 140F
- Moreover, it is a lightweight hose, making it perfect for work-at-height uses
- This hose doesn’t kink under pressure
- It is resistant to abrasion
- This hose neither wears nor tears
- It is a durable product
- As the fitting is made of plastic, it can break easily if not properly handled
Many of the users we have asked to give their opinion on this tip have nice comments about it. Although it is more expensive than Goodyear rubber, this hose offers more advantages. In general, it is affordable and durable. In addition, its ability to resist bursting up to 1200 PSI is a plus.
2. Tekton Hybrid Air Hose (46137)
- It has 1/4” NPT
- This hose has up to 300 PSI
- It has bend resistors
- Made of solid brass connectors
- Measures 11.2×11.2×5 inches
- It weighs 4.8 pounds
This hose ranked second on this list because it offers optimum performance. So, if that’s what you need in your ideal hose, then your search ends here. In addition, its hybrid polymer ensures that users get the most out of the textile industry in terms of flexibility. The advantage of having a flexible air hose is that it is extremely easy to work with.
- It is a low-friction hose
- In addition, it is very easy to move because it is a lightweight product
- Apart from being kink-resistant, this hose is a budget-friendly hose
- A combination of the core tube, spiral mesh, and outer jacket makes it resistant to physical damages and prevent corrosion
- Some users say this hose has poor crimps
Here’s another tip that allows you to do so much with your nailer. As far as its price is concerned, it is relatively affordable. More importantly, it’s a high-quality product that’s worth every penny you spend.
1. Campbell Hausfeld
- It is made with a PVC material
- Readily available for sale at 25-foot length
- When exposed to a temperature as high as 130F, Campell Hausfeld air hose remains flexible
- It measures 14x14x2 inches
- This hose weighs 8 ounces
Finally, if you’re a fan of domestic do-it-yourself projects, you’ll find this hose very useful. Like some of the pipes we’ve looked at here, this pipe has a strength of up to 300 PSI. Nevertheless, it is durable and pressure resistant.
- It is the cheapest hose on this list
- This hose has become a household product because it is long-lasting
- It is abrasion-resistant and non-marring
- As it is made of a rugged material, it can withstand any harsh workplace condition
- From a company that has been in business since 1836, Campell Hausfeld air hose is one of the best products on the market
- Many users say that it doesn’t have enough tension within its spiral, which greatly affects its longevity
During our extensive research, we realized that this product was the favorite of many users. Do you know why? Basically, many of them claimed that they have been working with this hose for years and that it is affordable. Come to think of it, if it’s not what you need in a hose, what do you need? So, this is a typical hose for everyday use.
Final Thoughts About Best Air Hose for Nail Gun
In summary, this guide, Best Air Hose for Nail Gun, will be incomplete if we don’t inform you about the criteria, we used to arrive at these 5 best air hoses. These factors include the length of the hose, the diameter of the hose, where it will be used, and the material used to make the hose. As far as materials are concerned, three materials are commonly used to make air hose for nailers: hybrid, polyurethane and PVC. As you already know, connecting your hose to the nailer is not a difficult task. However, if you can’t do it, you should contact a specialist to help you do it. You no longer have to worry about finding the best air hose for your nailers, because we have done everything for you. Finally, all you have to do is choose one of the 5 amazing products we have reviewed in this article.