We all are grateful for certain inventions and developments that have helped make our lives easy. One of them is the portable folding chair that you can take with you to events without feeling like you’re carrying big luggage. When you’re out on a local sports event in your child’s school, a gathering at the park, relaxing on the beach, or any other occasion where you’re going to be at for long but there are no sitting arrangements, you’re going to be happy if you brought your own seat with you.
So, yeah, go get one if you don’t have one already. But how do you know which of them is good enough with thousands of brands in the market? There is the case of durability, size, comfort, and weight. In a bit to factor all of these qualities into their products, some companies tend to come up with seats that cannot be classified as one of the best folding chairs; some other do a good job, while a lot just don’t care.
We took a look at a bunch of chairs that has gotten great reviews from a lot of customers online, and we selected the top 5 for you. Below are our research-based reviews on them; hopefully, they will help you make the right choice when you want to invest in a folding chair.
Top 5 Best Folding Chairs
5. Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair, Paisley
- Comes in two different fun designs
- 6 different height adjustment options
- 3 different recline adjustment options
- 3-point safety harness
- Detachable tray
The children are not left out in this. A comfortable high chair like this one would make your baby want to sit for a really long time. from the reviews, it is the best folding high chair in the market.
- Can support a child of up to 40 pounds
- Comes with a lot of adjustment options for height and recline
- Offers versatility; the tray can be detached
- Easy to clean and maintain
- It does not fold very flat and may take up a lot of storage space
- Large, wobbly, and bulky
- The leg divider goes out of use if the tray us detached because it is attached to the tray
There are a lot of reasons to choose this chair for your kid(s). It is cheap, it has a lot of adjustment options, it has safety measures, and offers versatility. You also need to take note of the weight and size, and make proper arrangement for that if you have to move it around from one place to another in an outdoor even or something.
4. Alps Mountaineering King Kong Chair
- Strong powder-coated metal
- Durable and can withstand heavyweight
- 600D polyester fabric
- Comfy armrest
- Side pockets and cup holders
Some outdoor occasions are simply not as easy going as the rest. A very good example is camping in a place that is far away from civilization. The grounds in places like that are usually rocky and unleveled. If you take an ordinary chair with you, it may not stand up to the rigors of such an environment. That was why the good folks of ALPS came up with their king kong chair; a product regarded as the best folding camp chair.
- Can comfortably support a person who weighs 800 pounds
- Fabric does not slouch even after a long period of active use
- The side pockets and cup holders can serve as a space for holding your mugs and other stuff
- Comes with carriage straps
- Weighs a lot and may be hard to carry around
This is a very great option to try out if you are looking for the best folding camping chair. Except you’re hoping to exercise with the extra weight, you may find it hard to move this chair around from one place to another. The great thing about this brand is that it has a way of balancing and sitting comfortably even on the rockiest and uneven grounds.
3. Gci Freestyle Rocker
- Side handle for carrying convenience
- Easy to set up
- Made of powder-coated steel
- Can support up to 250 pounds
- A padded hand rest and built-in beverage holder
From our point of view (as well as that of many users), this seat is the best outdoor folding chair on the list. Although the price is a bit on the high side, it is still a worthwhile investment. The skeletal structure is made of powder-coated metal, while the rest is made from a comfortable material. So, you do not have to bother about the seat being too hot or too cold while using it outdoors.
- It is very easy to set up and does not weigh much
- The padded armrest makes it more comfortable to sit on
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Designed with a patented rocking action technology
- Makes squeaky noise if not oiled from time to time
- Cost is a bit on the high side
- Does not hold a lot of weight
This is not a good option if you’re hosting people who weigh more than 25o pounds. This brand was not designed with overweight people in mind. The armrest and the beverage holder make things more interesting and more comfortable for the user.
2. Cosco All Steel 1471105XE
- Made of sturdy steel
- Tube-in-tube reinforced frames
- Weighs 7.58 pounds
- Manufactured by Dorel home finishing
This is the second best folding chair on our list, and for obvious reasons. It is made with durability and low cost in mind, without sacrificing quality and comfort. Aside from these qualities, this brand is particularly light-weight with legs protected to avoid making unwanted marks on the floor surface. If you are looking for something that can withstand a little rougher handling than usual, then this best folding chairs outdoor option is the product you should aim for.
- Very durable and able to withstand rough handling
- Folds really flat and does not take up much space in storage
- Great for both indoors and outdoor events
- The temperature of the seat changes with the weather
- Does not have an attractive design
- Comes in only 3 colors
While using this chair, make sure to bring it indoors when you’re done because leaving it outside may cause it to get too cold or hot depending on the weather, thereby making it uncomfortable to sit on.
1. Mity-Lite Flex One
- Made of plastic mesh material and 18-8 steel
- Comes in a pack of 4
- Can support up 1000 pounds in weight
- Weighs 11 pounds
- Less than 5-inch slim profile when folded
It is easy to see why this brand is referred to as the number one on the list of the best folding chairs. It is suitable for every purpose you can think of, even for office work. You can decide to take it with you for outdoor events, put it in a corner of your house for overflow, or in the dinning. However you decide to use it, it works perfectly well.
- Breathable mesh perfect for hot weather
- Wider than most other brands
- Comfortable to sit on
- Does not weigh much or take up a lot of space in storage
- Slightly flexible and ergonomic
- Comes only in 2 colors
- Cannot be used for other purposed (like standing on it) or it may break
Seeing as part of the material used for this chair is plastic, you may want to take a little extra care of it. For instance, do not stand on it or the plastic mesh materials may snap and break. Aside from that, this is definitely the best folding chair on the list. Plus, it is quite cheap compared to many others of a similar standard.
There are a few things you need to put into consideration when buying any of these materials. This is to help you make the right choice for you because what worked for your neighbor may not necessarily work for you.
- Construction material
Do mind what the construction material is? Some are made of metals and some others are made of plastic, wood, or fabrics. These are all great materials, but you have to factor them into your environment to see which one suits it better before making a purchase.
- Weight capacity
The weight capacity of the chair comes to mind if you, or those you may be buying the seat for, weigh higher than average. Most brands can only support an average weight.
- Size and weight
Normally, these sorts of chairs come with minimal features and less design. So, they are meant to be light and small in size most times. If you’re okay with that, then good. If not, you can still request for something bigger or weighs higher than usual.
The best folding camping chair should not have to be very costly from what you can see. A lot of them are cheap, but still manage to deliver great service to the user.