According to the UN FAO, Belarus is the country with the largest number of potato consumers in the world. From Miami to Minsk, from Johannesburg to Tokyo, from Rio de Janeiro to Sydney, there is rarely a high-ranking bistro in these cities where potatoes are not part of the usual cuisine. Originally introduced by the Spanish, the potato has become a staple food in many parts of the world. As a result, chefs around the world have had to hone their culinary skills just to satisfy a growing number of customers who demand that the potato be part of regular menus. But, let’s face it, peeling and preparing potatoes can be very time consuming and stressful. So, if you’re one of those who loves potatoes in Belarus or anywhere else in the world, in this room we’ll introduce you to the best potato peelers in the world. Join us on this journey.
Top 5 Best Potato Peeler in the World
Look at our top picks!
5. Kuhn Rikon
- It is a Swiss-made carbon steel blade
- This peeler comes in a set of 3
- Its most common colors are red, black, yellow and green
- Its dimensions are 4×2.5×0.5 inches
- This is a lightweight peeler that weighs 0.64 ounce
This kitchen tool allows you to peel your fresh potatoes without too much stress. A feature that appeals to many users is that it is available in a wide range of colors. But that’s not all. There are more.
- It has an extremely sharp blade
- This peeler is also convenient to use
- Obviously, the makers took ergonomics into consideration while designing it
- Apart from potatoes, a user can also use it to quickly peel vegetables and fruits
- It has long-lasting sharpness
- Many users complain that its small size makes it awkward to grip
Yes, you will find one of the best peelers for your kitchen, restaurants and wherever you need to peel potatoes. And the good thing is that you can also use it to peel other fruits and vegetables. However, you must be careful not to expose it to your children as it is very sharp. Also, make sure you wash your hands and wash the peeler after use. By observing these simple precautions, you are sure to enjoy this kitchen utensil.
4. OXO Good Grip (21081)
- Looking at its package, this peeler comes in 3 pieces in one set
- It is a swivel peeler made of sharp stainless-steel
- This Y-Peeler comes with a potato eyer
- It measures 5.6×2.8x.08 inches
- This product weighs 1.6 ounce
If you are one of those chefs, housewives or cooks who not only need an extra peeler, but also a beautifully made peeler, then this is the tool for you. Although there is not much difference in price between the previous model and the new one, the OXO Good Grip is surprisingly well designed. That’s why this product is fourth on our list. See more details.
- It seamlessly peels fruits and vegetables with tough skins
- The rubber handle is durable, slip-proof and flexible for user grip
- It is also designed with ergonomics in consideration
- With a safety cover that flips out when it is in use, users don’t have to worry about bodily cuts
- It is specially made with a sharp blade that glides through tough vegetables and fruits without exacting pressure
- With this peeler, you won’t waste your potatoes
- Its cap is so tiny that losing it is easy
- It is an extremely sharp peeler that doesn’t spare a user in the event of a mistake
Here’s a beautifully designed kitchen utensil that allows you to peel the skin of your potatoes without worrying about a cut on your finger. The best part is that it has been designed with safety in mind, making it one of the safest peelers on the market today. Despite safety considerations, you should not throw caution to the wind when using this tool as it is very, very sharp.
3. Spiralizer Potato Peeler
- This is a hand-cranked stainless-steel kitchen tool
- It is a high-quality Swedish peeler
- This peeler measures 5.6×4.5×10.3 inches
- It weighs 1.4 pounds
This is actually a superb peeler that allows users to peel their potatoes effortlessly. Made of durable magnesium alloy, the Spiralizer is an innovative tool that allows you to peel your potatoes with great pleasure. You may want to check out the features that made it number 3 on our list.
- Besides potatoes, you can use it to spiralizer your vegetables
- With its cranked handle, everyone, including kids, would love to help with kitchen chores
- As it is made of stainless steel, it is rust-resistant
- It has a very sharp blade
- It is made of a durable material
- As a kitchen tool with a sleek design, to keep it in a kitchen with limited space won’t be a challenge
- This peeler is costly
- It is anything but simple-looking
According to the above, it is a peeler that brings pleasure in peeling and turning things. It’s far from simple, but the fun way it peels things makes it a beauty to behold. It’s enough to make everyone want to help with the kitchen chores. However, an adult will need to assemble it before using it. So, although it is safe for children to use, adults must assemble it. If you have no problem paying more than three times what you would normally pay for your kitchen knife, go ahead.
2. Kitchen Aid Spiralizer Attachment
- It comes with 4 slicing blades and a peeling blade
- This peeler measures 5.8×12.4×2.9 inches
- It weighs 2.2 pounds
This is second on our list because it is a multi-functional peeler. Believe us when we tell you that you’d like to have it in your kitchen or restaurant if you usually cook for a crowd. Of course, it makes your job a lot easier by allowing you to quickly peel a pile of potatoes. Let’s look at some other details that make it thicker.
- This peeler is easy to use
- It comes with a fine spiral blade
- This can also be used to chop a lot of fruits and vegetables
- It really inspires users to experiment with their culinary creativity
- Indeed, it offers long-lasting performance
- It appears complicated
- This peeler is expensive
Like the latest kitchen tool, the KitchenAid doesn’t look simple. However, it is a good cooking tool for people who slice, chop and do many amazing things in their kitchen. Plus, it’s easy to use once you understand how it works. On the other hand, it has almost the same price as the Spiralizer.
1. New Star Foodservice
- This peeler has a high-quality powder coat
- It has a suction base that gives it maximum support
- Its dimensions are 10×4.3×6.1 inches
- It weighs 1.1 lbs
- There are non-porous surfaces and chrome shafts
If you don’t feel like all the cooking tools we’ve reviewed so far, then you should go for this peeler. Wondering why? This mechanical tool is perfect for peeling potatoes and slicing apples. Let’s take a look at some of its features.
- It offers the same function as the previous kitchen tools for much better price
- This is super cool for peeling potatoes and cutting apples
- It is ideal to use for other foodstuffs, such as salads, canning, pies, etc.
- It does a great job at coring apples and other fruits
- This peeler offers a classy way of peeling, coring, and slicing
- A new user may find it difficult to use
Indeed, it makes your job so easy and fun. Be sure to find out how this potato peeler makes your potato look so beautiful after you peel it. For some of its amazing features, we consider it the best potato peeler out there. So, you should take a look at it.
In conclusion, there are many potato peelers who wish to put an end to the era of kitchen knives. But we have compiled these 5 best peelers after studying and experimenting with them. We, therefore, recommend that you try them out, as they have passed our test. What’s more, these tops are available in stores near you and online.
In addition, if you are a chef, cook or housewife, you should not fail to be armed with one of these peelers. There’s no need to repeat why you should buy them, as we’ve taken the time to explain their benefits to you. No, we can’t reinvent the wheel. It is even surprising that these kitchen tools, although they have many functions, are extremely portable. Therefore, you wouldn’t have to worry about space, assuming space is an issue.
Again, you should keep these peelers out of the reach of children, especially those with exposed blades. The truth is that the safety of your children (and yours too!) is very important to us. It’s time to end the search for the best potato peeler and make a choice from the list of peelers above.