We need to wind up after a hard day’s work or in the morning to freshen ourselves; our robes come very handy. The softies are the best ones to wear during this time. We expect the robe to be luxurious – so what if it is only for a minuscule period of time. Some of us may also wish to buy one for others. Or, maybe as a gift. Most of us prefer to do some amount of research and then select the robe of our choice. We can spend this amount of time to ensure that we get the best deal.
In keeping with the request of our readers, we have selected some of the best robes for you. They may not be too sure about the better ones even after lots of research. There are so many in the market to choose from. In this article, we will talk to you about the best robes. We have selected unisex robes mostly but also have looked for robes separately for men as well as women. We have undertaken lots of research and selected the best based on our parameters.
How to Select the Best Robes
We get to know that choosing a robe is not easy. While it does not cost a fortune, still it is necessary to get the best deal. We will now look into some of the factors to look into when buying a robe.
Why it is used. Before moving forward, the person will need to ask themselves about how it will be used. How much time of the day will they be wearing it? Again, whether it will be used in hospitals or will it be used for new moms. Once this is known, then the type of fabric can be decided.
The fabric. The fabric should be soft to the touch and will usually be of terry cloth. If you are going for a hospital gown, it should not be very heavy as well as more durable. So, while choosing the fabric do take note whether it is airy. Long robes of fleece may not be able to let in the moisture, but they are pleasant to wear on a cold day.
Choosing the color. While this may look inconsequential, we will still try to look for the colours that suit us when we are buying for men or women. For men, it is usually black, brown or white. Also, the navy blue looks suitable for men. For women, the colour needs to be more chic. It is usually pink, light green or lavender that women prefer.
The length. It depends on the weather during which the robes will be worn. For winter, you will need longer robes. For the warmer months, a shorter robe will suffice. So, we will now get to know about the best robe.
Top 5 Best Robe to Choose
5. Gownies – Hospital Patient Gown
- You do not have to flash the back and provides complete covering
- It can be opened easily from the front for quick examining
- It is made of cotton, which is soft
When we are talking about the best robe for a hospital stay, it is the first one that comes to our mind. It shows that you can look chic even when you are staying at the healthcare centre. It also allows for easy examination.
- It comes in a variety of good looking and soothing colors
- It ensures that the drabness of regular gowns is gone
- Makes medical examining easy and ensures there is no flashing
- There have been negative reviews about it being not breathable
It ensures that you look different from the people wearing normal gowns at the hospital. It will enliven you and ensure that it fits the person as it comes in around three sizes. The company also produces the best robes for new moms. So, you can just buy from one place only.
4. Alexander Del Rossa Men’s Warm Fleece Robe
- The product is warm and is terry cloth on the outside and in the inside, there is polyester that is soft
- There are pockets that are big enough to hold something
- There is a hood also to keep the person comfy during winters too
When we speak about the best mens robe, it is the first that comes to our mind. It is mainly for the people with a good athletic body. It is very durable also.
- There are belt loops and is double stitched that makes the item very durable
- The person can store some objects also in the pockets
- The person can wear it throughout the year
- There is a negative review of the sleeves. People feel it is smaller
In spite of a few negative reviews, it has won people because of its durability and the hood that allows people to wear it in winter also. People with good athletic body find it very useful. No wonder it makes among the best mens robe.
3. TowelSelections Cotton Terry Kimono
- It is made from Turkish cotton that provides the soft texture that feels good to than people who wear it
- There are pockets at the front and also has a belt
- The fabric is made of such material that makes it absorbent and also durable for a long time
How can we no mention it when we are talking about best robes for women. It is known to be durable and makes it comfy for the person who is wearing it. It is of very less weight and keeps people warm after they have a bath.
- Any person can wear it as it comes in many varieties of sizes
- Looks very decent and the fabric is also very soft
- It is tested against materials that are harmful. It is tested with Oeko-Tex Standard 100
- There have been some negative reviews about quality
In spite of sporadic negative reviews, it still is among the best ones for women. One point is that it is available in a number of sizes, making it easy for people to choose it.
2. Cosmoz Hooded Herringbone for Men
- It is made of polyester coral fleece and is very soft. People can snug during winter as it keeps people warm also
- It also has a collar like a shawl keeping the people warm during the cold season
- It is available in a number of sizes which suits a variety of people
Though there are lots of items in the market, it stands apart among the best mens robes. It keeps you warm during the cold months also and is also soft, making it easy for the people.
- The design looks good, and it is stylish also with the pockets and the collar
- Though it is among the best mens robes; some of them can be worn by women also
- The fabric is soft, and people find it very comfy
- There are some issues with the size. Some people have found it to be short in the height
Apart from the great quality of the fabric, it also has a good design which makes it look good on the people who wear it. The loops with a double belt also give it the required traditional look.
1. Parachute Classic Bathrobe
- It uses Turkish cotton and weighs enough and allows the people to wear all the year through
- It is available in various sizes – small, medium and large
- It comes with three pockets
- It also has a collar like a shawl
It has its own set of people who love it, and it is known to be better than the rest. It ranks among the best robes for women. People have provided only positive feedback and has been loved a lot. People love it when they put it on.
- The person is able to wear it all the year
- The collar allows it to be comfy during the winter season also. It is made from the best quality of cotton
- It has a trial period for sixty days which makes it a unique proposition
- It does not come in many colors – only two
- It is known to be more expensive than other items in the market
Apart from a superior quality and mostly positive reviews, it can be worn all through the year. The unique features that it has is a class apart, and it makes the best robe. It is also Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified.
We will need to do some amount of research before we buy a robe. We need to know about how it will look and when you have to gift to others, the color also becomes important along with the quality. Also, it should not need to be maintained often. With these things in mind, we had done some research and came up with this list of the robes that would rank to be the best.