Your hygiene says a lot about you. Its effects can be seen in your appearance and the way you smell. Talking about “smell”, a good number of people still suffer from odor of the mouth. This can be very embarrassing and frustrating, especially if you are putting in actual efforts and nothing seems to be working for you.
Aside from bad breath, there are other oral issues many people suffer these days. Some of them are cavities, gingivitis, cracked or broken teeth, sensitive teeth, oral cancer, etc. Some of the things you can do to ensure you have great dental health are as follows.
- Visit a dentist at least once a year even if you think you have the healthiest teeth ever. Some oral issues take some time to develop. Visiting the doctor regularly can help you avoid such cases.
- Eat health foods, fruits, and vegetables; this is very important. Oral health is not only about the efforts you make on the outside. Eating the right food can help you tackle issues from the inside. For instance, the lack of vitamin C and K can cause your gum to bleed.
- Avoid tobacco products. They are known to cause stains on the teeth making them look kind of brownish.
- Sugar is known to be a direct cause of tooth decay. Taking a lot of them can cause you to develop cavities over time.
- Floss your teeth daily to reduce the probability of developing tooth decay, gingivitis, diabetes, bad breath and, heart diseases.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. This is a very important tip. The fluoride will help you achieve basic oral cleanliness, reduce bad breath, and protect your teeth from decay.
For this post, we will focus on how you can brush your teeth with the best electric toothbrushes that are guaranteed to help you avoid dental issues. Our selections were made based on some important facts people neglect whenever they shop for their oral hygiene equipment.
- The size of the head should be such that it can reach every part of your mouth.
- A soft bristle brush is always the best option for you no matter what. Unfortunately, there are still some hard ones in the market; they should be avoided by all means.
- Get your dentist to recommend some great brands for you, or you can check out which one is the best rated eletric toothbrush and go with that.
- Cost effectiveness is another thing you’ll need to consider. The powered ones are quite more expensive than the manual ones.
- Your brushing method is also something worth considering. If you are a vigorous brusher, then you may want to go for a brush with a soft bristle.
Having all of these at the back of your mind will definitely help you make the right choice. Here are a few of the best electric toothbrush cheap enough to make wonder if they are real. Not only do they do the job so well, but they also come with some perks that you don’t see in others of varying quality.
Top 5 Best Toothbrushes Electric
5. Philips Sonicare Protective Clean
- Soft bristles
- Enhanced sonic technology
- 31,000 brush strokes per minute
- Pressure sensor and timer
- Sync replacement reminder
This is one of the few products with the best eletric toothbrush reviews. This is interesting considering that it does not rotate, unlike others in the same category of efficiency. From what we gathered about this product, it is very effective in keeping plaques at bay. It is able to do this with the help of its ultrasonic vibrational energy that disrupts plaques, tartar, and the likes that can cause dental issues if not removed.
- Great for sensitive tooth
- Gentle to the gum
- Rates as the best eletric toothbrush for braces, veneers, crown, fillings, etc.
- Helps to prevent cavities
- Automatically notifies you if you are putting too much pressure on your gum
- It has a fixed intensity that cannot be controlled
- It shuts off on its own after about 2 minutes
From this, you can tell that rotation does not necessarily deal with the bacteria in your mouth. Of course, there should be some form of automated movement (since it is a powered product) – the oscillation got this covered. The bristles are soft and gentle on the gum, the pressure sensor and the timer also make it quite outstanding and worth trying.
4. Rotadent Contour
- Electric powered
- More than 2 weeks battery life
- Thousands of brush movement per minute
The name alone sounds boujee! But there is more to it than just what it sounds like. It gives you 90.000 soft filament sweeps per second, how amazing is that? There is no way dental bacteria can withstand this. Plus, it is so soft and safe for use, even if you suffer high sensitivity or if you brush too hard.
- Recommended by dentists for sensitive gum
- Faster and easy cleaning
- Prevents the formation of plaques
- Long-lasting battery
- There have been reviews about the tip not functioning effectively
- Cost is a bit on the high side
Quite a number of renowned dentists believe this brush should be the best toothbrushes electric powered. It is safe for use, very gentle on the teeth, and very fast too.
3. Pro-Sys Variosonic
- 1-year warranty
- 2-minute timer
- 25 customizable cleaning options
- Extra-long battery life
- Built in timer
It is great to have a lot of options when trying to make a choice, but what on earth are you going to do with 25 customizable cleaning options? This is not the say that the pro-sys variosonic producers are so extra (well, you can say that), but it is more like they are extremely considerate and thoughtful. Some of the options are cleaning power, precision settings, brushing speed, etc.
- Comes with 5 different precision brush heads
- Comes with a charging dock, adapter, and travel case
- Very effective in cleaning
- Bristles that are very gentle to the gums
- A little too technical to work with
- May not be so suitable for very sensitive gum and tooth
The charge lasts for a really long time, so you don’t need to charge till after some time. The different cleaning options allow you to set it to your preference. If it is too intensive for you, you can adjust it to your likeness, if it is too fast or too slow, you can also adjust that too.
2. Shyn Sonic Rechargeable
- Whitening brush head
- Travel case
- Electric powered
- 4 customizable options
- Powerful sonic wave technology
This is one of the electric toothbrushes best rated of all time. It has been around for 40 whole years, and it is still waxing strong making it to every list of the best oral hygiene sets. It has won multiple awards on different occasions, which is not surprising seeing as it is a great product.
- Gentle and prevents gum recession
- Very fast cleaning – 31,000 sweeps per minute
- 4 different mode settings – white, massage, clean, sensitive
- Comes with a travel case
- Prevents plaque formation
- A little bit on the high end
All the great features of this product have gained it an outstanding spotlight in the life of many consumers. The reviews online and offline are great; all 5 stars as at the time of writing this. one of the customers said she has been using the product for over 15 years and has never had any complaint.
1. Oral-B Pro 2 2000N
- Timer and round head cleaner
- Pressure sensor
- Two different brush modes – daily clean and sensitive
- Electric powered
- Long-lasting charge
If you are looking for something that will do the job as well as not drain your bank account in the process, then the Oral-B Pro 2 2000N is the one for you. It performs quite brilliantly for the price and it comes with all the usual features you’d expect of a powered brush. It has the 2-minute timer, pressure sensor, feathery bristles, and very effective for keeping plaques away.
- Suitable for people with sensitive gum
- Effectively removes plaques and prevents future re-occurrence
- Great for cleaning and whitening
- Inbuilt timer
- It is the best cheapest eletric toothbrush
- Not intended to be used by children under the age of 3
- Cannot be modified or repaired in case of damage or it may cause electric shoc
If you have a sensitive gum, then you would benefit a lot from this product. Its bristles are very soft and gentle without sacrificing efficiency.
Remember to think cost, capabilities, and convenience whenever you out shopping for your oral hygiene. If you are clear about what you expect, then it will make it easier for you to find the best within your classification. On the other hand, if you are not sure of what to expect, then you need to do some research and check out reviews to see what others recommend.
You may also want to visit your dentist and ask for his or her recommendations. These days, most people are all about best electric toothbrushes that are able to track time, keep a tab on their oral hygiene in general (the bluetooth types), prevent the formation of plaques, and treat their gums gently.