With the advents of the Internet and DVD (Digital Versatile Disc), it appears as though VCR (Video Cassette Recorder) has been kicked into obsolescence. Is that really true? Well, much as its popularity has waned over the years, VCR continues to find its relevance in today’s technology circus.
This is so because most flicks and music videos are recorded and saved in soft copies as against using the good old VHS, the videotape cassette format. However, a close observation shows that modern tech gadgets are increasingly embracing the old VCR.
Apparently, this move is to help those who still have important content recorded in VHS formats to be able to watch them again. Better still, they can also convert it to DVD formats. Are you one of those who would love to see the good old VCR make a comeback? If yes, the good tiding is that it already has because we will walk you through some gadgets that have the mix of DVD and VCR in it.
Top 5 Best VCR DVD Combo to Choose
5. Sanyo DVD Recorder/VCR Combo 2-Way Recording
- It weighs 1 pound and measures 22 x 10 x 15 inches
- This appliance can support DVD, CD, VHS, CD-R/RW, etc.
- There are S-Video output and HDMI output as well
- It comes with a remote control, owner’s manual, batteries, etc.
This product is featured on our list because it really deserves a spot here. The thing is, it is one of such gadgets that you can use to view content recorded both in DVD and VHS. Indeed, this means that you are killing two birds with a stone. Well, this product mirrors hope of converting your important videos recorded in VHS format.
- This gadget represents an improvement in home theatre
- Comes with 5-speed recording and 2-way dubbing
- Allows you to perform in-line recording with the aid of satellite box or cable
- With parental control, you can personalize this gadget
- It is very expensive
Looking for the best VCR DVD combo all over the Internet? If yes, your search stops here. You see, this helps you get more value for your money as it integrates the good old video cassette recorder even as it maintains all the innovative features of modern home appliances. Get more out of life by checking out and adorning your living room or bedroom with this important home appliance.
4. JVC DRM150 DVD Video Recorder VHS
- Weighs 9.7 lbs and measures 10.2 x 16.9 x 2.8 inches
- It supports CD, VCD, CD-R/RW, SVCD, etc
- Offers simultaneous DVD playback when VHS is recording
- Ships with analog cables and remote control
Perhaps you have been looking for a way to convert your good old VHS files to modern soft files but to no avail. Guess what, this unique product from JVC brings you that all-important message of hope. Yes, with it, you can make that happen within the twinkling of an eye.
- This device allows you watch your good old VHS-formatted content
- Enables you make your VCR flicks into digital content effortlessly
- Multiple playback and records in RAM/RW/R
- It also has modern functions, such as HDMI output, built into it
- It is pricey
Let’s face it: Although this product reminds us of how easy it is to make VHS materials into soft copies, it is pretty pricey. Consequently, a good number of people may not be able to afford it. But looking beyond its price, it gives users so much value. More importantly, it offers users the opportunity to retrieve the content of their vintage VHS. If that’s not getting so much value from a home appliance, what is then? So, do well to consider it your best VCR DVD combo.
3. Panasonic VHS DVD Recorder
- Has a memory card slot
- Built-in digital Tuner for improved DVD recording
- Supports many file formats, such as DVD, DivX, CD, DVD-RAM, etc
- Converts VHS to DVD
No doubt, Panasonic is a popular brand in the global electronic industry. But people do not like the Japanese electronics giant due to the sound of the name of company name; they love it because its products are always durable. Well, here comes a product from the stable of the Japanese electronics maker on our list that gives you your money’s worth.
- For making a provision for memory card slot, it means that you save lots of files on the memory stick and watch them from the appliance
- It seamlessly converts VHS content to DVD format
- The hybrid digital turner receives both analog and digital broadcasts
- The VIERALink function enables users to automatically download TV channel setting to the recorder
- The integration of SD memory card slot and USB terminal allows you to do a lot of other things, including viewing photos
- While the stock is still available, the product was discontinued in 2012, meaning that more innovative features won’t be integrated into it
Here is another product that ensures you put your VHS content into good use. Yes, it made our list of the best VCR DVD combo because it has lots of exciting features. While many prospective buyers may find it expensive, it is really worth the price. Make no mistake, this gadget is a must-have if you still have some VHS cassettes in your shelf.
2. Samsung DVD Tunerless VHS Combo
- It supports CD, DVD, WMA, JPEG, DivX, etc.
- This has a 4-Head Hi-Fi stereo VCR
- There is 1080p HMDI up-conversion
- Weighs 9.7 lbs and measures 13 x 16.9 x 3.1 inches
- Dolby Digital dts decoder
A techie may argue that a list of the best VCR DVD combo will remain incomplete without a product from Samsung featured on it. Well, we couldn’t agree more, hence this gadget from the South Korean electronics giant made our list. It reflects a major improvement on some of the products that earlier made this list.
- It delivers high-quality pictures
- You can capture still images and save them on your memory slot
- One-touch live recording enables you to capture any motion picture of your choice and save it
- This product supports lots of file formats
- It is expensive
While we must admit that Samsung products are always pricey, they are always a cut above the rest. Unarguably, this DVD/VHS combo product from Samsung maintains that trademark because its picture quality is so out-of-this-world. Still, there are provisions for memory card slot and USB drive, leaving users with enough storage options. Additionally, it supports lots of file formats as we listed earlier, making one of the most sought-after products on the market today. You should give it a try.
1. LG Multi-format DVD/VCR Combo
- SimpLink manages all the remote control functions
- Up-scales 1080p via HDMI
- Weighs 9.3 lbs and measures 3.1 x 16.9 x 10.2 inches
- Comes with a super multi DVD recorder/VCR digital turner
- Has a digital satellite box controller
If you are an ardent follower of the competition playing out in the global electronics industry, you will understand that LG is no underdog. While the South Korean multinational electronics maker is not as old as Sanyo and Panasonic, LG has proved its mettle in the industry with its durable and high-quality products. Well, this LG product is not found wanting in that regard as it delivers topnotch quality to users.
- It supports all standard disc formats, DVD, DVD-RAM, CD, etc.
- Has exceptional image quality as it has full HD picture quality
- There is a provision for USB, where you can watch videos, listen to music and watch pictures from the gadget
- The SimpLink function allows you to control all your LG devices conveniently
- It is costly
If you are one of those who love to have this same product in their homes, here’s an LG product for you. Yes, you could have an LG TV. So, this DVD/VHS combo appliance will complement the same product, given that Panasonic, JVC and Sanyo may not be readily available on your local market anymore. Go ahead and get more out of your VCR with this high-quality gadget from LG.
There is a special way of bringing good old devices into life again. Indeed, these gadgets mirror the union between VCR and DVD, resonating an awe-inspiring way of uniting the old VCR with the modern DVD.
On top of that, they also have some innovative functions, ensuring that users don’t miss out on modern tech features. So, if you need the best VCR DVD combo, in this piece, we have done all the legwork for you. Just go ahead and make a pick from the list that we compiled above.